I wanted to pass to you some of my yummy recipes so you could enjoy them with your family during these few weeks!
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt with less than 7 grams of sugar per serving
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup strawberries
Mix altogether in a bowl and divide into 2 portions. Enjoy!
Fruity French Toast
One 15 ounce can of unsweetened pears
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup golden raisins
4 large eggs
2 tbsp low fat milk
2 tbsp apple juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp canola oil
8 slices of 100% whole wheat bread
1. Drain the pears and reserve the liquid. Slice the pears into quarters and set aside
2. Combine the pear liquid, cornstarch, and cinnamon into a small saucepan and whisk until blended.
3.Place the saucepan over medium high heat. Add the raisins and bring to simmer. Stir constantly. Reduce the heat and continue to stir gently until thick. Add the pears. Set aside.
4. Wisk together the eggs, milk, apple juice, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl.
5. Heat half the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
6. Dip the bread in the egg mixture coating both sides evenly. Place the bread on the skillet and flip once it is golden brown (2-3 minutes) repeat on both sides.
7. Continue with all bread slices. Add fruit on top and ENJOY!
Orzo with Peas
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
-1 cup water
-6 ounces of orzo
-1.5 cups of peas
-1/4 tsp onion powder
-3 large beaten eggs
-1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Combine broth, water, peas, and onion powder in a medium saucepan. Place of high heat and bring to a boil. Reduced the eat and cook at a low boil until pasta is tender. Do not drain the water.
2. Add the eggs and cheese and cook, stirring constantly until the eggs are set. Should take 2-4 minutes.
3. Serve in individual bowls.
Cowboy Breakfast Wraps
1 tbsp olive oil
One 6 ounce bag of baby spinach
Pinch of salt
5 large eggs
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
four 6 inch whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup salsa
1. Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat and add spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts. (3-5 minutes)
2) add eggs and cheese and cook until desired texture is met
3. Assemble the wraps by spooning the egg cheese and spinach mix onto the tortilla add salsa to taste.